As you get ready to sell your house, add these items to your to-do list. A real estate professional will also provide other helpful tips based on your specific situation.
Make It Inviting
- Open the blinds or curtains to let the light in.
- Check the lightbulbs and replace as needed.
- Take down personal photos or items.
- Fix anything that’s broken.
- Give every room a clear purpose.
Show It’s Cared For
- Clean your vents and baseboards.
- Vacuum, mop, or sweep floors.
- Declutter throughout.
- Organize countertops, cabinets, and closets.
- Touch up any scuffs on the walls.
Boost Curb Appeal
- Power wash outdoor surfaces.
- Clean the windows (inside and out).
- Tidy up the landscaping.
- Freshen up your entry.
- Sweep patios, decks, and walkways.